- 25 farmers learn Korea’s secret to success
- Trawl, ring net fishers cited for violations
- Distribution of checks for DILG RAY 2
- Iloilo sponsors 10 PWD scholars
- ACF eyes more ZOD-certified villages in Iloilo
- Guv releases P12M to repair schools
- D’Amico family gives ‘hope’ to Yolanda survivors
- Italian shipping firm donates P4.4M for construction of sea ambulance
- Award Notice Abstract -PRDP
- JRMP law turns 55 today
- USAID, Synergeia distribute school equipment, supplies
- Italian shipping company to donate rescue boats
- Iloilo’s consignment law now in effect
- Courtesy call new PDEA-6 Chief Paul Ledesma
- History of Iloilo
- Profile of Governor Arthur D. Defensor, Sr.
- SP brings itself closer to Ilonggos
- SP out of town session in Janiuay
- DINAGYANG Festival: All About Iloilo, Rhythms, Costumes and Fun
- Sangguniang Panlalawigan's Office Profile
- For visitors
Wind: 24.14 km/h
5 Jul 2015
6 Jul 2015
Seeing the need for potable water in the far-flung barangays of the province, Iloilo Governor Arthur Defensor, Sr. always makes sure that funds for such projects are allotted in his Community Direct Action Projects (CDAP).
The scope of works of the potable water projects range from installation of submersible pump, construction of concrete tank, installation of pipelines, installation of electric pump, construction of spring box and excavation of dugwell.
Data from the Agricultural Engineering Division of the Provincial Agricultural Office show that in 2011 Governor Defensor allocated P5,416,823.16 for 25 potable water projects in various barangays.
Among the areas where these potable water projects are established are: Brgy. Badlan, Grande, Calinog; Brgy. San Gregorio, Lambunao; Brgy. Sta. Rita, San Joaquin; Brgy. Singon, Tubungan; Brgy. Igbong, Barotac Nuevo; Brgy. Macatunao, Concepcion; Brgy. Paga, San Enrique; Brgy. Crespo, Sara; Brgy. Dalid, Alimodian; Brgy. Bangladan, Miagao; Brgy. Talibong Pequeño, Mina and many others.
Meanwhile, for this year Governor Defensor has lined up 59 potable water projects under his 2012 CDAP.
Documents and program of works for the establishment of these potable water projects are now being processed by the concerned beneficiary barangays.
Included in the areas where potable water projects will be established are: Brgy. Bagacay, San Rafael; Brgy. Linobayan, Tigbauan; Brgy. Tagbac Sur, Oton; Brgy. Nanding Lopez, Dumangas; Brgy. Naclub, Miagao; Brgy. Bita, Dueñas; Brgy. Embarcadero, Batad; Brgy. Cubay, San Dionisio; Brgy. Progreso, Ajuy; Brgy. Astorga, Badiangan; Brgy. Calawagan, Cabatuan; Brgy. Calangag, Batad; Brgy. Café, Sta. Barbara and many others.
Defensor stressed the importance of potable water projects in the far-flung barangays considering that there are still many households that do not have access to potable water.
He said there is a need for clean and safe potable water in order to protect the health of the people. (ECGarcia/ Capitol News)