- Planting trees now part of Christian rites in Iloilo
- Carles fishermen sued for illegal fishing
- New Lambunao SB member takes oath
- Gov Defensor awards top performing LGUs in child health programs
- Performing Iloilo health units named
- Turnover ceremony of provincial roads in Ajuy and Btac. Viejo
- Iloilo now a GAD learning hub
- 10th Farmers Congress
- Meeting one of Korea’s influential women
- Iloilo gets reward for eliminating filariasis
- Urgent Hiring!
- Capitol steps up drive vs. illegal fishing
- Iloilo’s consignment law now in effect
- Courtesy call new PDEA-6 Chief Paul Ledesma
- History of Iloilo
- Vice Govenor's Message
- Profile of Governor Arthur D. Defensor, Sr.
- DINAGYANG Festival: All About Iloilo, Rhythms, Costumes and Fun
- Sangguniang Panlalawigan's Office Profile
- SP out of town session in Janiuay
- SP brings itself closer to Ilonggos
Wind: 11.27 km/h
28 Apr 2015
29 Apr 2015
Seeing the need for potable water in the far-flung barangays of the province, Iloilo Governor Arthur Defensor, Sr. always makes sure that funds for such projects are allotted in his Community Direct Action Projects (CDAP).
The scope of works of the potable water projects range from installation of submersible pump, construction of concrete tank, installation of pipelines, installation of electric pump, construction of spring box and excavation of dugwell.
Data from the Agricultural Engineering Division of the Provincial Agricultural Office show that in 2011 Governor Defensor allocated P5,416,823.16 for 25 potable water projects in various barangays.
Among the areas where these potable water projects are established are: Brgy. Badlan, Grande, Calinog; Brgy. San Gregorio, Lambunao; Brgy. Sta. Rita, San Joaquin; Brgy. Singon, Tubungan; Brgy. Igbong, Barotac Nuevo; Brgy. Macatunao, Concepcion; Brgy. Paga, San Enrique; Brgy. Crespo, Sara; Brgy. Dalid, Alimodian; Brgy. Bangladan, Miagao; Brgy. Talibong Pequeño, Mina and many others.
Meanwhile, for this year Governor Defensor has lined up 59 potable water projects under his 2012 CDAP.
Documents and program of works for the establishment of these potable water projects are now being processed by the concerned beneficiary barangays.
Included in the areas where potable water projects will be established are: Brgy. Bagacay, San Rafael; Brgy. Linobayan, Tigbauan; Brgy. Tagbac Sur, Oton; Brgy. Nanding Lopez, Dumangas; Brgy. Naclub, Miagao; Brgy. Bita, Dueñas; Brgy. Embarcadero, Batad; Brgy. Cubay, San Dionisio; Brgy. Progreso, Ajuy; Brgy. Astorga, Badiangan; Brgy. Calawagan, Cabatuan; Brgy. Calangag, Batad; Brgy. Café, Sta. Barbara and many others.
Defensor stressed the importance of potable water projects in the far-flung barangays considering that there are still many households that do not have access to potable water.
He said there is a need for clean and safe potable water in order to protect the health of the people. (ECGarcia/ Capitol News)