- 15 illegal fishers nabbed while relief ops run in Iloilo
- Speed up Iloilo oil spill clean-up, contractor told
- 3,000 jobs up for grabs in Iloilo this December
- Capitol launches lantern-making contest
- Dumangas barangay captains oathtaking
- Cash donations for ‘Yolanda’ survivors reach P5.6M
- Cash Donations as of November 26 total 3.9M
- Consolidated Damage Report as of Nov. 22, 2013
- Cash donations for Iloilo typhoon victims reach P3.2 M
- Gov inspects Estancia oil spill
- Gov Defensor orders forced evacuation in Estancia
- Duty Free HR visits Gov
- Foreign aids reach typhoon-ravaged Iloilo towns
- Typhoon Yolanda Relief Operations Update as of Nov 21, 2013
- Aid from Badiangan, Iloilo
Wind: 17.7 km/h
5 Dec 2013
6 Dec 2013
ILOILO – Governor Arthur Defensor Sr. can’t help but thank Agriculture Secretary Proceso J. Alacala for his countless support to develop and strengthen the agriculture industry of this province.
Defensor expressed his gratitude during the turning-over ceremony of the P6-million Rice Processing Center and P1-million four-wheel tractor to PALACATI-AN Irrigator’s Association held at Barangay Cagamutan Norte, Pavia on Tuesday.
ILOILO – Lack of medicines will no longer be a problem in twelve government-owned hospitals here now that the ordinance institutionalizing hospital consignment system is in effect.
Provincial Administrator Dr. Raul Banias confirmed that the ordinance enacted last year “will finally be implemented and consigned medicines will be delivered within the month.”
ILOILO – Employees whose vested interest is far more important than public service have no room serving here in provincial government, warned Governor Arthur Defensor Sr. during their flag raising ceremony here on Monday.
“If you are here to fatten your pockets, then public service is not the right career for you. Better venture in business where you can easily be rich,” Defensor told the employees.
ILOILO –The Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) under the Office of the President will honour this province as the “Most Outstanding Local Government Unit in Women Economic Empowerment Governance” this month.
The award will be received by Governor Arthur Defensor Sr. during the National Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) Forum to be held at Crown Plaza, Ortigas, Pasig City on September 19.
ILOILO – The provincial government here is maximizing the use of its coffers by incurring more savings from transparent and competitive bidding, according to Governor Arthur Defensor Sr.
Defensor cited for example the recent P700,000 savings that Bids and Awards Committee realized from procurement of P9.3-million road grader.
ILOILO –Need job? Iloilo Provincial Employment and Services Office (PESO) is inviting jobseekers to participate in its two-day special recruitment activity starting Thursday here in Iloilo Provincial Capitol.
The special jobs fair is participated by Teletech, a global business process outsourcing company that provides strategy consulting, technologies and services for costumer experience management.