- Iloilo names top taxpayers, municipal treasurers for 2012
- PHAP donates P4.9M medicines to Iloilo
- P40.4M up for construction of new motorboats in Iloilo
- Iloilo launches ‘Adopt a Fisherman’ Program
- Capitol job fair draws huge turn out
- 15 illegal fishers nabbed while relief ops run in Iloilo
- Speed up Iloilo oil spill clean-up, contractor told
- 3,000 jobs up for grabs in Iloilo this December
- Capitol launches lantern-making contest
- Dumangas barangay captains oathtaking
- Cash donations for ‘Yolanda’ survivors reach P5.6M
- Cash Donations as of November 26 total 3.9M
Wind: 11.27 km/h
8 Dec 2013
9 Dec 2013
ILOILO – After more than a year of lobbying, Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala finally issued an order banning “hulbot-hulbot” or Danish seine fishing, including the modified ones, in Philippine waters.
ILOILO – Governor Arthur Defensor Sr. has again urged Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala to totally ban the use of “hulbot-hulbot” or Danish seine elsewhere in Philippine waters.
ILOILO – Governor Arthur Defensor Sr. inaugurated two of the six water systems his administration provided for waterless villages in the town of Dueñas on Wednesday.
ILOILO – To prevent maternal and neonatal deaths, a birthing clinic worth P5.5-million will be constructed in the town of Zarraga here before the year ends.
The Western Visayas College of Science and Technology (WVCST) - Extension Services Division thanked Governor Arthur Defensor for his continued support to the Busog Lusog Talino (BLT) School Feeding Program sponsored by the Jollibee Group Foundation.
ILOILO – The Metro Iloilo Water District (MIWD) is now accepting nominations for its five-seat Board of Directors.
MIWD Corporate Secretary Oscar C. Tagamolila said the water district has already called on all the sectors represented in the board to submit their respective nominees preferably by next week.
ILOILO – Governor Arthur Defensor Sr. has requested the Metro Iloilo Water District (MIWD) to open the nomination process to reconstitute its new set of board of directors.
ILOILO – The power to appoint the members of the board of the Metro Iloilo Water District (MIWD) has shifted from the Iloilo City Hall to the Iloilo Provincial Capitol.