- PRDP evaluates Oton’s 46M farm-to-market
- Distribution of land titles with Sen. Drilon, Gov. Defensor, et al
- Defensor cites vital role of public info officers
- Bucari eyed as educational center for climate change
- Medipeace works on health com strat for Iloilo
- Amended Contract Agreement
- MOA Signing on P23.5-M aid to farmers
- Bantay Dagat nets 12 groups of illegal fishers
- Tree-planting in Bucari, Leon
- Iloilo, ActionAid, Balay Mindanaw ink MOA today
- Mutya ng Pilipinas courtesy call
- China Math olympiad medalists with Gov. Defensor
Wind: 3.22 km/h
28 Aug 2015
29 Aug 2015
ILOILO - Twenty-two fishermen from Concepcion and Estancia were made to pay P52,000 in fines for violating the town’s ordinance on June.
These fishermen were caught engaging in shrimp trawl and ring net fishing without permit, according to a report from Iloilo Provincial Bantay Dagat Task Force.
They were onboard the motorboats Jickhomae 2 and 3, Karen, Art Jester, Nicol, Angel Gospel, Angelo, Jet-Jet, Junross 4 and 2, Jiuaih and fishing vessel Meber.
The owners offered and paid a compromise fine of P2,500 each for shrimp trawl and P25,000 for ring net fishing.
The task force reported that there was another group of trawl fishers who were spotted near Bagongon Island in Concepcion but they failed to arrest them.
These fishermen abandoned their fishing net beneath the sea as they fled towards Negros Occidental.
The fishing nets have been recovered and were kept by the task force pending the determination of the identities of those fishermen. (Jezza A. Nepomoceno/Capitol News)
Like Box Facebook