- Iloilo PSWDO holds Children’s Summit
- Tractor, thresher rental no more
- GAD success stories up for packaging
- Illegal fishing vessels nabbed
- ‘Pray for more typhoons’ - Pagasa
- Turnover of 42 PNP patrol cars
- Iloilo gets 42 new patrol cars
- Iloilo evaluates competitiveness in sports
- Cong. Defensor donates computer to Maasin
- 5 Leon barangays get medical equipment from Korea
Wind: 8.05 km/h
13 Oct 2015
14 Oct 2015
ILOILO - Twenty-two fishermen from Concepcion and Estancia were made to pay P52,000 in fines for violating the town’s ordinance on June.
These fishermen were caught engaging in shrimp trawl and ring net fishing without permit, according to a report from Iloilo Provincial Bantay Dagat Task Force.
They were onboard the motorboats Jickhomae 2 and 3, Karen, Art Jester, Nicol, Angel Gospel, Angelo, Jet-Jet, Junross 4 and 2, Jiuaih and fishing vessel Meber.
The owners offered and paid a compromise fine of P2,500 each for shrimp trawl and P25,000 for ring net fishing.
The task force reported that there was another group of trawl fishers who were spotted near Bagongon Island in Concepcion but they failed to arrest them.
These fishermen abandoned their fishing net beneath the sea as they fled towards Negros Occidental.
The fishing nets have been recovered and were kept by the task force pending the determination of the identities of those fishermen. (Jezza A. Nepomoceno/Capitol News)
Like Box Facebook