- Iloilo vows to strengthen health system through ILHZ
- Iloilo supports dev’t of 55 micro enterprises
- Pre-registration for Gov’s biggest job fair on
- Notice of Auction Sale on Dec 3, 2015
- Strong, lasting ties seen among JICA alumni
- Convergence seeks to reduce PH’s carbon footprint
- 6 ‘hulbot’ fishers face charges
- Gov. Art distributes checks worth P22.4-M for various projects
- Gov Art releases P40.3M for brgy, school infra
- Gov Art with Dingle residents re: ESA complaint
Wind: 20.92 km/h
1 Dec 2015
2 Dec 2015
ILOILO - Twenty-two fishermen from Concepcion and Estancia were made to pay P52,000 in fines for violating the town’s ordinance on June.
These fishermen were caught engaging in shrimp trawl and ring net fishing without permit, according to a report from Iloilo Provincial Bantay Dagat Task Force.
They were onboard the motorboats Jickhomae 2 and 3, Karen, Art Jester, Nicol, Angel Gospel, Angelo, Jet-Jet, Junross 4 and 2, Jiuaih and fishing vessel Meber.
The owners offered and paid a compromise fine of P2,500 each for shrimp trawl and P25,000 for ring net fishing.
The task force reported that there was another group of trawl fishers who were spotted near Bagongon Island in Concepcion but they failed to arrest them.
These fishermen abandoned their fishing net beneath the sea as they fled towards Negros Occidental.
The fishing nets have been recovered and were kept by the task force pending the determination of the identities of those fishermen. (Jezza A. Nepomoceno/Capitol News)
Like Box Facebook