- Commencement Address of Gov. Art Defensor
- Red tide alert up in Iloilo
- BFAR hails Iloilo’s fisheries dev’t program
- Solar Farm in Miagao
- Governor Art Defensor in Korea
- 2014 Provincial Statistics Quiz Winners
- Defensor to attend Global Saemaul Leadership Forum
- Feeding program in San Rafael gets P300T boost
- UNICEF donates P18M to Iloilo
- DILG Sec. Roxas at Mina fiesta
Wind: 0 km/h
30 Oct 2014
31 Oct 2014
ILOILO – Vice Governor Raul Tupas on Thursday warned the public on consuming shellfish from the coastal waters of Gigantes Island in Carles which were tested positive of red tide toxin.
The acting governor also urged the fishermen to refrain from gathering, transporting and marketing shellfish from the area until such time that the shellfish toxicity has gone down.
1. Cabatuan National Comprehensive High School -- CHAMPION
2. Iloilo National High School -- First Runner Up
3. Leonora S. Salapantan National High School -- Second Runner Up
4. Balasan National High School -- Third Runner Up
5. Tigbauan National High School -- Fourth Runner Up
ILOILO – Governor Arthur Defensor Sr. will be in South Korea on October 21-24, 2014 to attend the Global Saemaul Leadership Forum that aims to chart a new path for rural development in developing countries.
The forum, promoting Saemaul Undong (New Community Movement), is hosted by the Ministry of Security and Public Administration, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs of the Republic of Korea.
ILOILO – Governor Arthur Defensor Sr. turned over P300,000 to municipality of San Rafael on Thursday in support to supplementary feeding program of Jollibee Group Foundation in the town.
The governor said the money represents the 50 percent counterpart of the local government unit to the fast food giant’s program known as “Busog, Lusog, Talino” or BLT.
ILOILO – The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) has donated P18.69 million here as part of their strategic response plan to build better communities for children and their families in areas ravaged by Super Typhoon Yolanda.
The donation was made following the signing of Memorandum of Understanding between Governor Arthur Defensor Sr. and the UNICEF Representative to the Philippines Lotta Sylwander.
ILOILO – No nation can progress without genuine peace. This is the idealism that Governor Arthur Defensor Sr. would like the performing peacekeepers to understand during their awarding ceremony held in SM City Iloilo on Monday.
He added that if one chooses such career, he or she should be willing to take the risk and swear to uphold the law at all costs. A tanod’s job is no joke and every work is done out of love and volunteerism.
The Central Philippine University will confer on Gov. Arthur Defensor Sr. the degree Doctor of Public Administration, honoris causa, during its 87th Commencement Exercises on October 26, 2014.