- Oil spill evacuees can return home – Guv
- Dumangas port inspection with Senator Drilon
- Turnover of 5M FA to NHCP
- Guv eyes permanent task force vs overloading
- 12 illegal fishers nabbed anew
- Sultan Kudarat donates to "Adopt a Fisherman"
- Oton deploys artificial reefs anew
- Collegiate basketball star Ravena donates P400,000 for Yolanda victims
- Iloilo 'most advanced' in teen programs
- Zarraga softball players bound for Tampa, Florida
- Transcom reps visit Gov. Art
- Photo Release: P2-M for Estancia fisherfolks
Wind: 6.44 km/h
9 Mar 2014
10 Mar 2014
LOILO – The remaining eighty families, who evacuated due to oil spill in Barangay Botongon, Estancia, can return home anytime this week.
The announcement came from Governor Arthur Defensor Sr. following his inspection of the village on weekend.
ILOILO – Governor Arthur Defensor, Sr. is looking at the possibility of installing a permanent task force to ensure the effective and continuous implementation of the province’s anti-overloading law.
ILOILO – Twelve fishermen engaging in Danish seine fishing were arrested here this week, according to reports from Iloilo Bantay Dagat Task Force.
The fishermen onboard three motorboats – “Yolanda, Maiza and Queen Mary” – were apprehended 4.3-kilometer off Culebra Island in Concepcion town.
ILOILO – Population Commission (PopCom) Executive Director Juan Antonio Perez III considered this province “most advanced” in terms of youth development programs during his visit here this week.
ILOILO – Governor Arthur Defensor Sr. has donated a water system worth P387,000 to Barangay Aglalana, a populated upland village in Passi City, here this week.
ILOILO – The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) has turned over two ambulances which will be used to provide reproductive health services in areas affected by Super Typhoon Haiyan here.
ILOILO – It’s going to be a working Valentine’s Day for Governor Arthur Defensor Sr. and his wife for they will inaugurate the P5.5-million birthing clinic in Zarraga town tomorrow (February 14).
ILOILO – Nineteen fishermen engaging in Danish seine or ‘hulbot-hulbot’ fishing were made to pay P50,000 compromise fine following their arrest here recently.